The six items a Cub Scout, who is prepared, should always have with
in their "Back Pack"
- Re-Usable Water Bottle
- Healthy Snack (Trail Mix, Granola Bar, Dried Fruit)
- First Aid Kit
- Flash Light or Head Lamp
- Hat or Sun Screen
Rain Gear is also helpful to have with you just in case, but isn't considered a Scout Six Essential.
- Tent with tarp for underneath (depending on weather conditions an extra one for over the top of the tent can also be handy)
- Strong, sturdy tent stakes that can handle any kind of terrain & weather
- Sleeping bag & Pillow (extra blanket for cooler weather camping)
- pad for under sleeping bag (if not using a cot or air mattress)
- clothing suitable for the weather conditions (pack extra just incase). Sugest packing in something waterproof rather than a suitcase or duffle bag. (if it rains & your tent leaks your
clothes don't get wet)
- Toiletries: tooth brush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, towels, etc.
- Camp Chair for around camp fire
- flash light / or head lamp for getting around camp at night
- Battery operated lantern for in tent
- sneakers and/or hiking boots (an extra pair of sturdy shoes is always a good idea) No open toe shoes when camping except for pool or shower house.
- Rain Gear
- carpet remnant or door mat for outside tent to keep dirt down inside tent
Extra gear you might want to bring depending on where we're going & what we might be doing and the time of year
- Fishing poles & tackle box
- Board games or deck of cards for in the evening or if it's raining
- Ball or frisbee
- Swim suit (two would be better especially for resident camp)